Its cold and its wet and I’m on Day 2 off coffee 😑 I needed a pick-me-up today! Nothing says “good mood food” like a gooey chocolate brownie, especially one that is free from gluten and refined sugar.
These brownies will not disappoint. They can easily be adapated to include a little peanut butter marble or add in a cup of coffee (if you’re one of the lucky ones still blissfuly unaffected by caffiene 😉 ) to make it less sweet.
Decadent Chocolate Brownies | GF
- 2 Cups Doves Farm Self Raising Gluten Freee Flour (no other kind will do, it really is the best!)
- 1 Cup high quality, organic cocoa powder ( I use Green & Blacks)
- 1 1/2 Gluten Free Baking Powder (again Doves Farm is a great option)
- 1/2 cup melted Coconut oil
- 1 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup date syrup, brown rice syrup or agave (I use Date) ( if you want them less sweet add 1/2 cup of coffee instead of the date syrup)
- 1/2 unsweetened plant or nut milk. I use Almond but Soya or Oat will work as well)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional – Runny peanut butter swirled through the top, chocolate chips scattered ontop or 1/2 cup strong coffee.
Heat the oven to 175 c. Line a glass, square dish with parchment paper. Sift all of the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Combine all of the wet ingredients (I let the coconut oil cool a little and then combine the wet ingredients into the pot to save the washing up!) and mix well. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and fold into a loose batter (do not over mix!). Bake in the oven for 30 minutes (or until a fork comes out cleanish, you do want them to be a little gooey in the middle). Lift with the parchment paper out of the dish and leave cool on a wire rack. Enjoy!
***I dusted a little Beetroot Powder ontop to make them look pretty 😍