Yes, we are just going to call this Amazing Bread. Its everything you could want in a healthy, homemade bread:
- Soft on the inside, crunchy on the outside ✔
- High in fibre ✔
- Gluten free ✔
- Low GI ✔
- High in omega 3, protein, magnesium, iron and zinc ✔
- Dairy free ✔
- Egg free ✔
Not only is it healthy, but its delicious, simple to make and the ingredients are all easy to pick up in any shop.
To keep me in bread all week but without the fuss, I make double the amount of dry bread mix. I bake one loaf and then save the dry mix in an airtight glass jar so I’m ready to make another batch easily when I’m running out. This helps to reduce waste and keep you in fresh bread.
Amazing Bread | Recipe
*** this recipe is to be split in half. Take 2 bowls and add half of the dry ingredients to each bowl. Store one batch of the dry ingredients in an airtight container until your ready to use for your second batch in a couple days time.
***Obviously if you have big family making two loaves at the same time is a good idea!
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free oat flour (whiz oats in a high powered blender to make oat flour or buy it)
- 2 cups gluten free oats
- 1 cup gluten free self raising flour (I use Doves Farm, but the Aldi one is good as well)
- 2 tsps gluten free baking soda
- 3/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 3/4 cup sunflour seeds
- 1 tblsp each of flaxseeds and sesame seeds (don’t add these to the dry mix, they are to be sprinkled ontop when your ready to bake)
At this point, store half of your mixture in an airtight jar. If you are making one big batch double the wet ingredients quantities.
- 1/2 cups unsweetened soya, almond, oat milk (whichever you prefer)
- 1 tblsp lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tblsp maple syrup
Preheat oven to 190c. Line a small loaf tin with parchment paper. Get two bowls and add half of each of the dry ingredients to each bowl. Once you have added everything except for the flaxseeds and the sesame seeds, pour your extra mix into a airtight container (I like to use a glass Kilner jar). Next combine all of the wet ingredients together and mix well. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well. Pour into your loaf tin lined with parchment, sprinkle the flaxseeds and sesame seeds on top and bake for 1 hour. Let cool completely on a wire rack before cutting.
I’d love to see how you get on with this one! Tag me on @careyyoga .